KCTC aims to become a company that deserves trust and respect by
practicing customer-centered management backed by creativity and entrepreneurship, and following the basics and principles.
With the cooperative labor-management relations, we aim to achieve constant innovation in our management, enhance our growth potential, and eventually enhance our corporate value. We also aim to become a company that clients and partners are willing to work with, shareholders are willing to invest in, and workers want to work at, by upholding ethical corporate culture. Through this, we aim to become a leading company as the 21st century’s global logistics provider, which contributes to the nation and society. In this regard, we have enacted rules of ethics based on the right practices and value decisions that all employees must obey, and we decide to practice the rules.
Chapter 1. Responsibility and Duties to Clients
Based on our belief that clients are true foundations of our business, we always value clients’ opinions and earn absolute trust from them by creating helpful values for clients.
1. Respect for Clients
- Always keep our ears open to clients’ opinions, assume that their demands are always legitimate, and have clients as the number 1 priority when making any decisions or actions.
2. Creation of Values
- With the understanding that the success of our clients is equal to our company’s development, we should always do our best to create the values that our clients seek.
3. Provision of Values
- Always tell the truth to clients and keep our promises with clients.
- Respond to our clients’ legitimate demands with expeditious, accurate, and kind service.
- Try to provide the value our clients seek in advance before they demand it.
4. Fair Trade
- Earn trust from our clients, by always respecting the rules of market economy following the principle of free competition, abiding by the relevant laws and regulations, and through the quality of our products and services.
- Compete fairly and in good faith with our true capabilities, and neither infringe upon the profits of our competitors nor unfairly tap into their weaknesses.
- Collaborate with our counterparts to create a transparent business environment and maintain the fair trade order.
- Do not engage in any unfair practice using our superior position.
Chapter 2. Basic Rules of Ethics of Executives and Employees
All staff members should establish the righteous value system as the members of KCTC with the belief in honesty and the service spirit. Also, all staff members should fulfill their duties through ceaseless self-improvement and righteous execution of jobs.
1. Basic Ethics
- Be proud of being the members of KCTC, while maintaining our honesty and just attitude.
- Having high ethical standards, to always strive to maintain our own dignity and the honor of KCTC.
- Pursue customer satisfaction as our goal through maintaining the service spirit toward clients, as they are the owners of KCTC.
2. Completion of the Mission
- Each staff member should fulfill one’s mission and duties in earnest according to the company’s vision and management philosophies.
- Assigned tasks should be executed through fair and just methods while complying with relevant laws and regulations.
- Maintain and manage our company’s properties, and protect confidentiality gained for the purpose of work.
- Increase the work efficiency through close cooperation and effective communication among colleagues and relevant departments.
- Know how to acknowledge our faults honestly, try to make up for any mistakes, and never blame others for our mistakes.
3. Righteous Execution of Jobs
- Carry out all our jobs and duties in honest and righteous ways, and always strive to cultivate healthy corporate culture.
- Instead of being content with old practices, always pursue something new, and proactively respond to problems without avoiding them.
- Do not engage in any immoral or unethical action or behavior that could deserve criticism from society in both personal and work life.
- Do not accept any monetary benefit in any form from stakeholders which could undermine fairness in decision-making in our work.
- Act with the sense of ownership that each of us is representing our company in what we do, and strive to keep our dignity at all times.
4. Avoidance of Conflict of Interests with the Company
- Avoid any behavior or relationship that would cause a conflict of interest with the company and the individual.
- Do not use the company’s properties without permission for personal interests.
5 .Relationships among Employees
- Both seniors and juniors at work are members of the family, and the relationships should be strengthened based on trust and integrity.
- Seniors’ most important mission is to cultivate great juniors, and thus train them with both carrots and sticks, and be strict in giving reward and punishment without being partial.
- Juniors should try their best to execute the orders of seniors. However, if the order is unfair, juniors may reject, and if the problem is not resolved, juniors should be courageous enough to report it to the second-highest person in position.
Chapter 3. Responsibilities to Executives and Employees
Respect all staff members as human beings and treat them fairly according to their capability and achievement, so that they can reach the full potential of creativity.
1. Respect for Humans
- Treat each of the staff members as an independent human being with trust in and sincere affection for humans.
- Strive to make our staff members feel proud and rewarded about the work through their sense of ownership.
- Seek for measures including the right work system and necessary training, and offer advice so that staff members can fulfill their duties in just ways.
2. Fair and Just Treatment
- All staff members should be given equal opportunity according to their merits and qualifications.
- All staff members should be evaluated fairly and justly on their merits and achievements, and deserve rewards accordingly.
3. Promotion of Creativity
- Strive to create an environment conducive to creative thinking and autonomous action.
- Provide great support for staff members’ improvement and cultivate their talents from a long-term perspective.
- Respect individuals’ privacy and establish mature organizational culture based on mutual trust and mutual understanding.
Chapter 4. Responsibilities to the Nation and Society
By growing into a robust company through rational business operation, we prioritize the national interest, protect the profits of our shareholders, and contribute to the prosperous life of Koreans and social development.
1. Rational Business Operation
- Pursue our business while respecting the social values of the region, whether it is in Korea or in a foreign country.
- Seek expansion of our business only based on the steady growth of our company.
2. Protection of Shareholders’ Interests
- By making sound and enduring profits through efficient management, we do our best to protect our shareholders’ returns on investment.
3. Contribution to Social Development
- Contribute to the national development by creating jobs and paying tax faithfully, and contribute to social development by offering cultural and welfare programs.
4. Protection of the Environment
- Make our utmost efforts to prevent environmental pollution and protect nature to preserve the clean environment.
Chapter 5. Applications
Interpretation and application of our company’s rules should be based on the purpose and the underlying philosophies of the rules.
The effective date of the rules is January 1, 2008.